Saturday night at KROQ’s Weenie Roast many fans were shocked when Stone Temple Pilots took the stage with Linkin Park’s Chester Bennington as their lead vocalist. This confirmed that Scott Weiland who started the band is out of the picture, again.
STP interview with radio duo Kevin & Bean from KROQ:
Every band has its own kinda vibe,” says Bennington. “Stone Temple Pilots has this sexier, more classic rock feel to it. Linkin Park is a very modern, very tech-heavy type of band. It was kind of nice. I got to use my voice tonight. I got to sing and show my range a little bit. I still got to through a little scream in here and there but it’s really just so much different. I grew up listening to these guys. When this opportunity came up, it was just like a no-brainer.”
Bennington continues, “We couldn’t really plan a tour until tonight because we couldn’t let people know what was going on. Now the cat’s out of the bag so we’re going to go out and make more music and go play more shows and have some fun.”
STP guitarist Dean DeLeo also addressed the vocal switch, claiming that Bennington was their first choice for the gig. “There was the one and only Chester that could fill that [role].” explains Dean DeLeo.
Check out the collective’s new song, Out of Time.
Linkin Park will finally be returning to Manila. This will be the band’s second show in the country, the first time was all the way back in 2004 (see my concert ticket below). The show will be held at the SM Mall of Asia Arena on August 13, 2012.
Living Things Word Tour Manila is made possible by Scala Events.
New song up for grabs! Serj Tankian wants you to have Cornucopia free. Just click here and put in your info. Yes it is required or otherwise wait for it to be released and buy it.
Catch Canadian post-hardcore band SILVERSTEIN Live in Manila.
Area 05 Superclub, Belagio Square, Tomas Morato, Quezon City
July 11, 2012 (Wednesday) Gates open at 6PM, show starts at 8PM
Standard Ticket Price: Php2,000
Tickets bought on the day will be Php2,800
Tickets will be available at ticketnet (Date: TBA)
-Discounted ticket price of Php1500 is available at BUILT BY SONIC for the first 150 buyers.
-VIP Acquaintance Pass will be sold at Php4,000 limited to 40 people only! This will include Meet & Greet with SILVERSTEIN, entry to both ACOUSTIC SHOW (July 10) and LIVE SHOW (July 11)! First come, first serve!
BUILT BY SONIC
G/F Eastwood City Walk 2, Eastwood City Cyberpark
E. Rodriguez Jr. Avenue (C-5), Bagumbayan
Quezon City, 1110 Philippines
Tel. (02) 451-1771 or +639176276642
Philippine Volcanoes won over Sri Lanka at the Asian 5 Nations Rugby, 28-18, the victory earns them praises from the palace and from the entire Filipino nation. Presidential Spokesman Edwin Lacierda said in a statement.
“Once again we have shown that the grit, determination, and resilience at the core of our every effort can surmount any challenge. Truly, the Filipino’s heart can never be underestimated.”
The Volcanoes flared up in the Asian 5 Nations by earning wins over Singapore, Chinese Taipei and Sri Lanka. Congratulations! [More]
A movie wouldn’t be complete without music accompanying a substantial scene of a motion picture. Scoring adds emotions, it gives life to the unspoken in a film. On April 25 a superhero movie produced by Marvel Studios we all know that it’s based from the comics of the same name will be shown in theaters across the Philippines, whether in 2D or 3D its up to you its going to be amazing. Funny I haven’t told you the title but you already knew. Yes! Avengers Assemble! Now lets talk about the soundtrack. A song from Soundgarden tops the pack with their first release in 15 years “Live to Rise” the song will be featured on the end credits. Soundgarden stated, “We’ve been hard at work on our new album, which will come out this Fall. When the opportunity arose to write an original song for ‘Marvel’s The Avengers’ film came our way, we thought it could be a cool match. We are excited to release our new song ‘Live To Rise,’ which is also the only new song in the film. The cd also contains songs from known rock groups such as Papa Roach, Bush, Evanescence, Rise Against, Five Finger Death Punch… below is the complete list. Marvel’s The Avengers original motion picture soundtrack will be available May 1, 2012
1. Live to Rise – Soundgarden
2. I’m Alive – Shinedown
3. Dirt and Roses – Rise Against
4. Even If I Could – Papa Roach
5. Unbroken – Black Veil Brides
6. Breath – Scott Weiland
7. Comeback – Redlight King
8. Into the Blue – Bush
9. A New Way to Bleed (Photek Remix) – Evanescence
10. Count Me Out – PUSHERJONES
11. Shoot to Thrill – Theory of a Deadman
12. Wherever I Go – Buckcherry
13. From Out of Nowhere – Five Finger Death Punch
14. Shake the Ground – Cherri Bomb
15. Pistols At Dawn – Kasabian
The zombie apocalypse happened yesterday at Nuvali in Sta. Rosa City, Laguna. Over 5,000 runners had lived out their twisted fantasy of running away from the brain-hungry zombies.
We arrived at Eco Living Center around 2 am, this was the place where dead people transform into bloody ghouls. I must say the make-up artists did a great job mutilating our face, see pictures below. The fun run broke at 5:30 am and it lasted until noon. If you missed the event, don’t worry because according to one of the organizers, Angelo Cruz “The Outbreak is spreading on a major scale this 2012″. In fact Outbreak Manila and The Walking Dead Season 3 are set to infect us again in October. Follow @Headbalisser
Share us your most craziest experience at #TheOutbreak, were you harassed? Tell us!
Finally decided to put a “BLOG” not to sell out if you know what that means in metal but of course to share more awesome stuff that metalheads could enjoy.
First off, do you guys watch The Walking Dead? Do you want to experience being chased by zombies? Or how about running for your life? If YES!
Inspired by Run For Your Lives, Outbreak Manila adds a whole new twist to the typical 5km run. Our goal is to come up with a race that stands out from all the rest by giving people a cause that they would really run for. And what better cause can there be than to run as if your life depended on it?
This time you aren’t just running against time or obstacles. But you’ll also be running from FLESH EATING ZOMBIES.
Brace yourselves. The Outbreak is upon us.
- Before the race, you will be given a belt with 3 flags attached to it. These flags represent your health.
- During the race, zombies will be scattered across the course to eat your brains… err get those flags. One zombie can only get one flag from you.
- Any physical contact (punching, kicking, scratching, tackling, spitting, hadukens, flash kicks, etc ) between zombies and runners will strictly not be permitted.
- Throwing objects of any kind are also not permitted. May it be rocks, branches, sand or even dirt.
- Violators of these rules will be escorted out of the premises with no refunds
- There will be obstacles in the course where you can choose to go through to attain additional health flags.
- There will be instances where you have to choose either the easy way, or the horde way
Easy way – less zombies but longer
Horde way – more zombies but shorter
- Upon crossing the finish line, you need at least one health flag intact in order to be eligible for prizes. Should you lose all your health flags, you are still allowed to finish the race and your time will be recorded but you shall be considered “dead” and no longer be eligible for prizes.
- If you find yourself out of health flags, you are not considered a zombie and are not allowed to start pulling at other runner’s flags. MORE INFO